Restaurant Het Booze Wijf
- When making a reservation for our restaurant, you should take the following into account:
- In the restaurant, families consisting of 1 household and pairs may sit together at the table without the 1.5 meter rule.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 meters to each other for all other compositions.
- Reservations can be made for up to 6 people, with larger numbers you will be placed at multiple tables.
- There is no maximum number of guests for the terrace as long as the 1.5 meters between all persons is guaranteed.
- Reservations cannot be made for the terrace
Restaurant Het Booze Wijf is open daily at 08:30 AM
If you have questions or want to reserve please contact restaurant manager Siegrid Swijghuisen:
Phone: +31 519 - 34 91 33
Restaurant Het Booze Wijf is located at the shore of the Lauwersmeer. The restaurant is the heart of Lauwersoog where everyone comes together, people from the neighbourhood, tourists and camping guests. The restaurant has a nautical theme, a cozy feel and a large terrace with a great view over the both the Lauwersmeer lake and museum harbour. If u want you can moor in the harbour and spend the night on your own ship or stay in one of our accommodations.
We’re proud of our restaurant, our products and all other services we provide. We work with a carefully selected range of fair products that originate from our very own Wadden region. We also offer a variety of fun experiences for our smallest guests. Kids love to play in our water themed playground, on the beach located next to the terrace or in the indoor playground on our attic. Click on one of the blocks below to learn more about our restaurant, our products and other services.
Dogs are welcome!
Your loyal canine friend is more than welcome at Het Booze Wijf! We keep a water tray ready so he/she can also have a drink at our restaurant.
However, we do require you to keep your dog on a leash and near your table. We also expect that any 'accidents' are cleaned up. This to make sure other guests experience no inconvience.
The name 'Het Booze Wijf' (The Angry Vixen)
Where two tides of the Lauwerssea and the Waddensea used to meet, southwest of Brakzand, was a trench of 15 to 20 meters deep. A turbulent strech of water known as Het Booze Wijf (The Angry Vixen). Sailors often used feminine names for dangerous area's. On the map hanging near the entrance you can find the name 'Het Booze Wijf'.